IBPC and Community News
- Faith At Work! Thanks to Maria for sharing with us. Amber will speak next week.
- The IBPC 120th anniversary AGM is 7pm, Oct 12th in the lounge.
- A potential funder for our vision for a Youth Outreach position to work alongside Bruce, is visiting on Tuesday. Please pray that if this vision is of God, the finances would be made available.
- Congratulations, the revolution has arrived! The God Revolution by our very own Bruce Hamill. Copies of the book are on the table in the foyer, check it out…
- The church’s financial statements for 2017-18 have now been independently reviewed. A summary will be included in the Annual Report, but a full copy is available on request from Craig Bennett.
- Your quarterly Spanz Magazine is now out. You can find it in the church foyer (thanks to John). Also in the foyer is the latest copy of the Encourager (thanks to the Lanes).
Sept 23rd: Bruce preaching, Band, communion, Phil 3:12-4:1
Sept 30th: Hymn service, school holidays, Phil 4
Oct 7th: Nathan, Band, combined CompassionFest service
Oct 14th: IBPC 120th anniversary service, Ensemble
Nau mai, haere mai and welcome – especially visitors – to worship at Island Bay Presbyterian, as we seek to centre ourselves in worship before our God. A faith workout! Today we have our fifth installment on the Book of Philippians, looking at the first part of chapter three.
Youth Group: 6.30pm Tuesday in the Lounge Board of Managers meet, 7:30pm Tuesday in the manse Friday: Youth Group progressive dinner
Mother Aubert Quote: As our October CompassionFest appraoches we’re sharing a different quote, each week, from Mother Aubert…
“Let us always act as true children of our Lady of Compassion, forgetful of self and personal concerns, always affable and patient.”
A big event for the Festival weekend will be the KidsFest at IBPC Saturday Oct 6th 10am-2pm. There will be ride-ons, stories, and visitors coming in through the day. There will also be stations for children to interact at, including art and craft activities, food preparation, and a video installation.
Will you be around and able to help set up on the Friday, or to oversee a station on the Saturday? We are seeking inspiration about a concrete work of art the kids can work on over the day, to then be donated to the Home of Compassion. We are also seeking people with the skills to record kids sharing their impressions of the event as they leave, and to edit this and present it during worship the next morning. See Nathan or Mel.