July 8th – Bruce is preaching and the band will play
July 15th – combined service at Wgtn South Baptist
July 22nd: Craig is preaching, the band plays and it’s the end of school holidays.
BPC and Community News and Events
Junior Girls Brigade and ICONZ will be having a break from next week until Term 3 (back 1st and 2nd August respectively)
• A special welcome this morning to the friends and family of
Emily as we baptise her into the Church, the world-wide
Body of Christ on earth.
Please join us for refreshments after the service as we continue to
celebrate the beautiful gift from God that she is, over tea and
coffee. At IBPC we practise both infant baptism and infant
• It’s the time of year when our denomination asks us to submit our
statistics. If you lead an outreach or Christian formation
ministry, Nathan will be getting in touch with you soon.
• A reminder that the Island Bay churches we will once again be
combining in the middle weekend of the school holidays – July
15th. This time we will gather at 10am at the Baptist Church for
worship, 284 The Parade.
• Did you know that our Minister of Health, David Clark is
Reverend Doctor David, and Presbyterian? There’s a good article
about him in the latest ‘SPANZ’ mag, so have a read about his
dual callings. If you don’t have a copy yet, it’s in the church foyer.
PS – the story mentions a parallel with Sir Arnold Nordmeyer,
formerly of Island Bay. Can you guess it?
• Would you like to find out about challenges of being Christian
in the Middle East? And about the Bible in the Gulf States?
Come to a Bible Society “hear and meet” with Dr Hrayr Jebejian
at The Street church, 9 Hania St, Mt Victoria, 5.30 – 7pm, Wed
15th August. Reply to 0800424254 or go to the Bible Society
1. Please pray for those in our church family seeking new jobs, or
solutions to housing problems.
2. Please pray for the Wheatley family as they tidy up the estate of
Stan and Gwen after their recent passing.
3. Please pray for our Youth Group meeting with Maria next Sunday
morning ( July 8th), and for funding for our vision of a youth
worker in the Berhampore Council flats.
But Jesus kept looking around to see who had done it [touched
his clothes] . Then the woman, knowing what had happened
to her, came and fell at his feet and, trembling with fear, told
him the whole truth. He said to her, “Daughter, your faith has
healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.”