Thanks to Mel, the Watkins, and their large team of helpers young and old, who helped with the All Hallows Lantern Garden.
A large number of young people came through to pause and write messages on stones and shells in remembrance of those who have passed on – these should still be in the garden if you wish to take a look after today’s service.
Church and Community News and Events
• Working bee in the church garden! 9:30-noon, Sat Nov 10th. Please help if you can, tasks for all. Cake is also always appreciated for the workers…
• Would you be willing to be on a lawn mowing roster for the church, about once a term? See Graeme.
• Three grant applications have been submitted to fund the work of our proposed Berhampore Project. Please pray that if this work is God’s will for us, that the finances would be released.
• A 16 year old German girl seeks a homestay for 8-12 weeks with a Christian family in Wellington, June-Aug 2019. She can cook and help with smaller children. Her parents would cover all costs, and offer to host a young person back in Germany in exchange. See Nathan.
• The Girls Brigade awards night for this year will be Monday Nov 12th.
• A reminder that Parish Council is being put back a week from Nov 13th to 20th. This is to allow people to attend a Wellington Presbytery dinner on the 13th from 7pm at St Johns. $20, the speaker will be the Wellington Bishop Eleanor Sanderson speaking on her personal journey and missional living. All welcome. See Nathan or Bruce if you would like to come and carpool. RSVP to paul@MUC.org.nz
• Our third and last garage sale for 2018 will be on Sat Nov 17th, 10am-noon. Some of our regular helpers are unavailable that day, so volunteers both then and for the Friday setup (6pm onwards) appreciated. Also, donations of clean saleable items which might be cluttering up your house are welcome! Please tell your friends.
• If anyone has photos relating to activities/people involved with IBPC from 2008 Kezia and Janice would love to hear from you – to enable us to update our photo albums. Many thanks.
• It’s that time of year again: an updated directory of our church people containing addresses/phone numbers and emails will be compiled during November. If you want your entry altered please email or phone Janice. Thank you.